Tuesday 24 April 2012

London Baby (2)

I blogged the other day about my trip to London on  a CIM Introduction to Public Realations day, and how I was packing my whole wardrobe into my little purple case, as I had no idea what to wear.
So I went to the day, not really knowing what to expect, hoping to have understood what I was being told and too leave the day having an idea what 'PR' was..  but what I got out of it was so much more.
Firstly there were only 4 of us there, so it felt like 1 on 1 learning, I think I leant more in that day then I could have on a weeks training course with a big group.
I'm really glad I got the opportunity to go, Im leaning that Marketing, PR, Events, though they are all seperate that today they are all becoming more inter linked, expecially with 'Social Media'.
I am enjoying the fact that I am getting to experience a bit of everything in my current placement (even if it is only slightly in some parts!) and the longer I am spending here on my placement the more I think I want to get into Events and PR.

The dream of course would for this to be within the world of Fashion, but I got to take it one step at a time!

No comments: