Tuesday 10 January 2012

Better late than never

So I was meant to start this blog a few months ago but better late than never.....
I’m currently working as a Marketing Assistant within the Faculty of Environment at Leeds University, I started September 2011 and will finish September 2012, where I will then return to my final year studying BA Geography at Leeds University.  
Myself and Jo who I work for came up with the idea of a blog at the beginning of my Year in Industry to keep track of what I am doing and to ‘put myself out there’. So I am hoping that by the end of the year I will be a pro ‘blogger’ and will  actually be putting something on here that people may actually read, but for now it is work in process..
I wasn’t too sure how was best to start this blog so I thought I would begin my ‘Blogging life’ by listing 10 things I want to accomplish by this time next year.
1.      I want to finish my placement in September feeling like I have given and received as much as possible out of it, throwing myself into it and feeling happy I have accomplished a whole year of work in the ‘real world’.
2.      I would like to have a better idea of where and what I want to do when I ‘grow up’ ( I will probably use this phrase a lot ‘When I grow up’ as I tend to forget that I am actually nearly 21, ‘grown up’ and what I am doing now is impacting what I will be doing in 5/10/20 years time..) I currently have many ideas and dreams  of what I would like to do from organising events, wedding planner, and working for big name fashion houses to beauty magazines so would like to narrow this list down.
3.      Join the gym and actually go this year.
4.      Create a BLOG.. done...now  I just need to get the hang of it.
5.      Undertake work experience at a magazine and help in organising events preferably Fashion shows.
6.      Start my dissertation before September and start reading for my modules for my final year at University, so this time next year I will be feeling calm about my dissertation deadline approaching and exams.
7.      Visit Italy, Valencia and Amsterdam or Berlin.
8.      Have an idea what I will do when I finish University, not in the long term but for the months that follow, such as applying for Grad jobs straight away or travelling so I don’t have this sudden panic of what now?! come May...
9.      Begin to learn French and Spanish, I really want to live in Paris at one point and I know this will be almost impossible if I do not begin to learn the language.
10.   Lastly I want to be happy! To be able to look back over the last year, of my placement and the beginning of my final year at University and not have regretted anything.

Now time to get ticking of my list!!!

No comments: